You will need:
• kettlebraai or outside fireplace
• metal objects
• oven gloves
• barbecue equipment
• rust activator
1. Make a fire with the charcoal, firelighters and matches! Place the metal
objects directly over the flames or coals, one by one (objects lose their
shape if they lie on top of each other). Leave until all paint coatings have
burned away. (Note: galvanised paint takes longer than others.)
2. Wearing oven gloves, use tongs to remove the objects from the fire. Take
care not to drop them or place them on top of one another as they will
easily distort while hot.
3. When all the objects are cold, wash them thoroughly under running water
to remove any traces of ash.
4. Dry the objects with an old cloth; they are now ready for decorating.
5. Follow the manufacturer’s instruction when using rust activator.