Paper cutting is an art that I would love to master. I use basic cutting skills to make these flags. Is anyone a master of this art, who could give us some advice on how to make paper sculptures?
- Fresh leaves to make templates from
- Leftover green paper card
- Craft knife
- Paper for templates
- Paper punch
- String or ribbon to hang the flags
- Small and big pair of scissors
- Cutting mat
- Trace the leaves onto the paper with the pencil and cut around the edges with the small scissors to form the leaf templates. Put them to one side.
- Create now the flag/triangle template from paper and trace them onto the green paper card. Use the big scissors to cut out as many as you would like.
- Place the newly-made flags on a flat surface and trace the leaf templates onto them. Place each flag on a cutting mat and use the craft knife to cut out the leaves.
- When you are finished with the cut-out flags, use the paper punch to make some holes in the base, from which the flags will be suspended.
- Join them together by threading a length of string through the holes. I left a gap of 5cm between each flag, but you can adjust this to suit your requirements.