- Stray or unwanted old socks
- Different-sized jars, washed and labels removed
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric glue
- Small paintbrush
- Binder clips
- Cut a sock in half with a pair of scissors.
- Slip the top portion of the sock over the jar to fit snugly, keeping the cuff of the sock uppermost.
- Paint some fabric glue around the rim of the jar and press the cuff of the sock firmly against the glass. Use binder clips to keep it in position and leave it to dry.
- When the glue is completely dry, pull the sock tightly over the base of the jar, cut away any excess sock and glue the sock to the base of the jar.
- Your spotty jar is now ready for use.