These tea light votives are ideal as table decorations or for a shelf. The wire mesh reflects candlelight beautifully.
stainless steel shot glasses (any size)
1 piece (20 x 7 cm) 13 mm-hexagonal galvanised chicken wire per tea light votive
You will also need:
sandpaper (grit size 150–200)
an empty bottle (neck size to fit comfortably inside a shot glass)
1. Using an ageing technique by burning the stainless-steel shot glasses and chicken wire over an open fire then leave to cool and wash.
2. Sand the shot glasses with the sandpaper to give them a more aged look. Wipe them down with a damp cloth to remove all excess dust.
3. Shape the piece of chicken wire around the neck of a bottle to create a cylinder that will fit inside the shot glass.
4. Place the wire cylinder inside the glasses for a decorative effect.
5. Place a tea light in each of the glasses and light them.