- Old linen pieces
- Plain white towel
- Fabric marker pens
- Flower template from the internet or books
- Fabric marker/pencil
- Measuring tape
- Fabric scissors
- Print or photocopy your desired picture in black and white.
- Work on a flat surface and place the picture underneath the piece of old linen. Use some Sellotape to stick the picture to the surface and the linen on top. This will prevent it from moving when you are doing the tracing work. Use the fabric marker or pencil to trace the picture onto the linen.
- When you have finished the tracing work, keep the fabric and picture in position and start to colour in the picture. Allow to dry completely.
- Measure the width of the guest towel and add 2cm to the width and length of the linen piece with the coloured-in picture. Cut to size.
- Fold over the edges of the linen piece about 1cm on each side. Use the pins to keep it in position on the towel.
- Sew it onto the towel with the sewing machine. Job done and ready for display.