Papier-mache is the most versatile way of creating a limitless supply to your creativity. If I am not able to find an object or shape, I create it out of papier-mache. It is a wonderful and reliable alternative. Anything and everything can be created out of papier-mache. For this instance, we are creating a paper bunny egg.
The following recycled items are required:
- Old paperback book’s sheets tore into small pieces
- Polystyrene eggs (a perfect shape for a rabbit head)
- Left over wire to form the ears
- Left over ribbon or paper for bowtie
The following items will also be needed:
- Small black pom-pom for the nose
- Black circles from a hole punch’s bin (this will become the eyes)
- Wall paper or PVA glue
- Saucer to pour glue in
- Masking tape
- Cut the wire into two 10cm pieces using a pliers. Shape the wire into rabbit ears by bending the wire. Once shaped, press them onto the polystyrene egg.
- To hold the wire ears in place, tape them down onto the polystyrene egg. Once done, you can start to tear the paper into small pieces.
- Pour some glue into a saucer and dip one piece of paper at a time into the glue. Repeat this process until the entire wire bunny ears is completely covered with the pieces of glued paper. If there is any excess glue on the pasted paper, use your fingers to gently remove it.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- When the newly made rabbit ears is completely dry, glue the pom-pom nose, eyes and bowtie in position.
- Display in an egg cup.