- Old plates
- Picture letters from gift wrapping/cards/magazines or the internet
- Modge podge/sealant
- Sponge brush
- Small sharp scissors or cutting knife
- Water-based varnish
- Damp cloth
1. Make sure that the surface of the plate is clean and dry.
2. Paint one layer of sealant onto the top side of your picture. Allow to dry.
3. Cut around the edge of the image with the small scissors or craft knife.
4. Decide how you want to arrange the image on the plate. When you are satisfied with your layout, paint some sealant onto the reverse side of your image. Place it in position gently and rub over it with your fingers to smooth away any air bubbles and excess glue. Paint two more layers over the surface and allow to dry. Allow the first to dry before you apply a second coat.
5. When the picture is completely dry, cover it with a water-based varnish.