Handful of wooden beads, piece of green felt for the leaves
Green string, green sewing thread; sewing machine (optional); fabric glue; small paintbrush; piece of 1mm garden wire; wire cutters or strong scissors; brown garden twine for the tendrils.
1. Starting at one end of a wooden bead, coil and glue the string to it until the entire bead is covered.
2. Trim the string and work the ends in neatly.
3. Using a wire cutter, snip a 3cm length of garden wire and glue it to the bead at the point where you began coiling the string.
Repeat this process with all the wooden beads.
4. Cut a grape leaf-shape from the felt fabric and either using a sewing machine, or by hand, sew veins onto it. – download template here –
5. Make as many tendrils as you like by twisting, various lengths of brown garden twine around a pen to form coils.
6. Arrange all the elements you’ve created into a bunch of grapes and secure together, using extra wire if necessary.