My initial idea was to trace these birds on MDF and then to cut them out with a zig saw. It took too long, so plan B came into existence.
Method for plan B
- Print a bird template from the internet or make your own by putting a lot of small birds in a row on a branch.
- Trace the template on white paper and cut around the edges; put it aside while you prepare the wood piece.
- Paint the wood piece with acrylic paint and allow it to dry. When it is dry, drill two holes to the top part for the hanging device.
- Paint a thin layer of glue to the back part of the cut-out pictures and paste them to the wooden piece.
- Decide how many hooks you want to attached, position them, and when you are happy with your layout, press them into the wood.
- Thread a thick white string through the drilled holes to form a hanging device.
- Your newly-made hook board is ready for display.