This chandelier adds style to any outdoor function, with the added benefit of the candles not being snuffed out by the wind.
The following recycled items are required:
• wire hanging basket (diameter 75 cm)
• 9 x glass jars (either the same or different sizes)
• 9 x candles to fit into the jars
The following items will also be required:
• dishwashing liquid
• dry cloth
• spray paint, plastic gloves and a dust mask
1. If you are not happy with the colour of your wire basket you can spray paint it to the colour of your choice. Just remember to spray paint in a well-ventilated area, wear gloves and a dust mask. Make sure that your wire basket is completely dry before proceeding to the next step.
2. You need to ensure that the jars are clean. To remove any traces of glue or labels, let your jars soak in water for a couple of hours. Wash the jars in warm soapy water and dry well.
3. Let your creativity flow and arrange the jars in the basket as you like.
4. Place the candles in the jars and enjoy your DIY candle chandelier.