I was eight years old when I covered my first bottle caps. I have passed on this idea to many loved ones – it was an ideal opportunity to gather together during the cold winters.
- Bottles with caps/lids
- Pretty fabric or paper (I used paper)
- Modge podge/PVA glue
- Small paintbrush
- Water-based varnish
- Work on a flat surface and draw a circle with a circumference about 1cm bigger than the circumference of the bottle cap. Cut it out.
- Paint a thin layer of glue on top of the cap and place the cap in the middle of the cut-out paper circle. A 1cm-wide piece of paper around the cap will not be glued. Cut clips in this paper circle all around the bottle cap.
- Use the paintbrush to paint glue onto the bottle cap sides. Press the paper clips onto the glued sides of the cap. Allow to dry.
- When it is completely dry, use a sharp pair of scissors and cut away any excess paper around the border of the bottle cap.