- Plastic balls (the ones that you find in soft ball play areas)
- Lampstand with a thin steel bar
- Spray paint (I used silver)
- Remove the base and the plug of the lampstand to allow you to push the balls up onto the steel bar.
- Push a hole right through the middle of the plastic balls with the awl. Make sure it is big enough for the steel bar to go through.
- Start to thread the balls onto the steel bar, until it is all covered.
- Place the covered steel bar on a piece of newspaper in a good ventilated area and spray paint it on one side. When it is completely dry, turn it around and spray paint the other side.
- When everything is dry, connect the lampstand to the base and the plug.