Spoil your guest with some interesting literature. If you know them well, it will be easy to know what to put out for them. I like to use a combination of short reads and more visual display books. Place the literature in a homemade paper rack.
- Washing powder/cereal boxes (must be very strong)
- Gift wrapping paper
- Craft adhesive spray
- Dust mask
- Glue stick
- I used a chipboard magazine holder as template to cut a cardboard one from the box.
- Cut the paper in the same way, with an extra 2cm on all sides.
- Glue the paper on all four sides of the holder. Make sure you spray the glue in a well-ventilated area and wear a mask.
- Snip the paper around the curved edges and corners to allow it to fold over easily.
- Use a glue stick to glue the snipped parts.
- It can take some time to get it all finished, but it is worth it because it means not having stacks of books in front of the bedside table.