The following items are required:
• Wooden letters
• Plastic gloves
• Small soft cloth
• Newspaper to protect the working surface
• Silver magic touch, gilding paste
The method to make metal look like letters:
1. Work on a protected working surface. Wearing a pair of gloves, dip the soft cloth into the gilding paste as you would do when polishing shoes.
2. Start to polish the wooden letters with the paste. Turn the wooden letters around and make sure that the wood is fully covered with the gild paste.
3. Allow to dry, once dried, your wooden letters no longer resemble wood, but have taken on the appearance of old metal letters.