- Old pins
For the papier-mâché clay base:
- 1 cup of wet toilet paper
- 1 cup of Polyfilla (crack filler)
- 1 cup of PVA glue
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Tear the wet toilet paper into very small pieces in a big bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix it into clay.
- Star cake cutters
- Drying rack
- Silver paint
- Use the clay and press it into the star cake cutters. (The recipe provides enough clay to make ten stars)
- Remove any excess clay from the shapes.
- Place them on the drying rack for a day. After one day, press them out from the star cutters and allow to dry.
- When they are completely dry, paint the sides and bottom parts with the silver paint and allow to dry.
- Press the silver pins into the dry, painted star, covering the top side.
- Your star is ready for display