- Lampshades (different sizes and shapes)
- Old stockings (different colours)
- Fabric glue
- Fabric scissors
- Remove the old covers from the lampshades.
- Slip the stocking over the frame of the shade.
- Use some binder clips at the top and bottom to keep the stocking tightly over the frame.
- Place a good amount of fabric glue on the top and bottom rims of the frame, on the outside of the stocking. Press it onto the frame. Leave overnight to dry.
- When it is completely dry, use the fabric scissors and cut away the excess stocking around the top and bottom of the frame.
- Crochet lace lampshade: crochet a lace strip from string for the top and bottom part of the lampshade. Glue it to the frame with fabric glue.