The beauty of this simple project is that the border will look embossed.
- Globe or chimney from an old lantern (the glass part)
- Plastic tea tray
- Tea tray cloth
- Glue (All-purpose clear glue)
- I used the globe of an old broken lantern for this project. Rinse it in soapy hot water to get rid of any wax or marks. Allow to dry. (Look out for globes or chimneys at car boot sales or reclamation grounds if you do not have one already.)
- While your globe is drying, start to plan the border. Most plastic tray cloths have beautiful borders. Use a small, sharp pair of scissors to cut the border away from the rest of the plastic tea cloth.
- Position the border to the bottom part of the globe. Use the glue to paste it to the glass globe.
- When you are satisfied with your newly decorated globe, position it over a tealight or tealight holder.