This project is so rewarding, as you can make the most interesting things, be creative and use this basic method to create beautiful objects.
You will need to use a photocopied image not a printed one.
- Piece of wood (make sure it is dust and wax free)
- Images (photocopied)
You will also need
- Gel Medium matt base (I used the one from Liquitex professional)
- Wet sponge or cloth
- Clean cloth
- Water-based varnish and brush
- Apply a generous amount of the gel medium to the front side of the image. You’ll need a thick layer.
- Press the image, photo side down, onto the wood panel. Rub firmly to smooth out the image and remove air bubbles. Let it dry completely.
- Use a damp cloth or sponge to wet one section of the paper at a time. Begin rubbing gently to remove the paper and expose the transferred image below. This can take a couple of minutes, but be patient and rub carefully. If you rub too hard you can rub the picture from the wood.
- Once you are satisfied with the image, rinse it under running water to get rid of all the “fuzzy paper stuff” and wipe with a dry cloth. Allow to dry completely. Seal it with a water-based varnish.