Make a tower cake from old tins stacked on top of each other.
- Tins of different sizes
- Leftover fabric, lace and ribbons
- Fabric scissors
- Pins and needles
- Fabric glue and brush
- Glue gun and bullets
- Collect as many tins as you want and decide how tall you want your cake to be.
- Use the leftover fabric, lace and ribbons and plan the decoration of each tin.
- Measure the circumference and height of each tin. Use the measurements as a guide and cut the fabric accordingly. Iron the fabric for a neat look. Fasten it onto the tin with the pins.
- When you are happy with your design, glue the fabric, lace and ribbons onto the tins using the fabric glue and brush.
- Place the tins on top of each other. Glue together with the glue gun.
- Your dummy cake is ready for display. If you want to, you can do as I did and place a real cake on top.