I was hugely surprised by the outcome of this little artichoke. I hope you like it as much as I did!
- Small play ball
- Wooden bead for the pointy bit
- Felt fabric
- Two templates for leaves (make a long narrow one and a big wider one)
You will also need
- Paper and pencil to draw templates
- Felt tip pen
- Fabric glue and brush
- Glue gun
- Draw two leaf templates on a piece of paper – one big (9cm x 2.5cm) and one thinner one (4cm x 1.5cm).
- Trace the outlines of the templates onto the felt with a felt tip pen.
- Cut out about four small ones and 20 big ones, using scissors.
- Glue the wooden bead onto one side of the ball with a glue gun.
- Start gluing the small leaves around the pointy part of the ball until this part is completely covered. Follow with the big leaves until youâ€™ve covered the whole ball.
- Â Just fold the big leaves back to give it a realistic appearance.