I am a lover of topiary trees in any form and shape. I prune them outside the house and always think of new ideas for how I can bring them indoors. I hope you all like this simple idea for a topiary tree.
- Old Christmas wicker ball
- Ivy plant from outside (if you do not have one outside, buy one in a small pot from your local garden centre)
- Green florist’s wire
- Wire cutter
- Plant the ivy in a small plastic pot. (Make sure you have one with long stems.)
- Open the stems to the side of the pot and place the wicker ball in the middle of the stems.
- Start to coil the stems around the wicker ball, fastening them to the wicker ball with the florist’s wire as you go.
- Place the plastic pot in a decorative holder for display.