Old wooden peg
30cm of black wire
Pieces of linen fabric
Newspaper/any leftover paper
How to make:
1. Draw a pair of butterfly wings onto the newspaper and cut it out; this will become your template.
2. Use the iron on a very hot temperature and iron the Vilene onto the fabric.
3. Place the Vilene ironed linen fabric onto a flat surface. Use the templates and trace the wings onto the fabric. Use the fabric scissors and cut out the wings.
4. Paint some fabric glue onto the peg with the small paintbrush and glue the wings to the peg.
5. Leave overnight to dry.
6. Use an awl to press two holes into the round part of the peg (which looks like the head of the butterfly). Cut two 15cm long pieces of the wire and push them into the pressed holes of the peg to form the antennae of the butterfly’s head.